You can visit Amsterdam Castle Muiderslot by car, train, bus, boat or bicycle. Our address is
1398 AA Muiden
Take exit Muiden on the highway A1. Follow the signs Muiden/Muiderslot, Papelaan, Verlengde Maxisweg, Weesperweg to Muiden.
- Plan your route with Google maps
- There are not many parking spaces near Muiderslot or in Muiden. The rate is € 2.40 an hour or € 21.60 for a full day.
- Car park P2, Mariahoeveweg: free
- P+R car park P1, Maxisweg: free. Coaches can park here as well.
- It is a 15 minute walk to the castle from the car parks P1 and P2.
- Free parking for the disabled with parkingcard in front of the entrance to Muiderslot.
- Coaches: drive up to the bus loop halfway up Ton Kootsingel, from where it is a few minutes’walk to the castle.
- Plan at least 2½ hours for a visit.
By public transport
Plan your route with the ov-planner. There are buses to Muiden from Amsterdam Amstel (bus 320, bus 322 and bus 327) and Weesp (bus 110).
– from Amsterdam Amstel Station, take bus 320, bus 322 or bus 327 to P+R Muiden. From there take bus 110 to Brandweerkazerne Muiden and walk 10 minutes to the Muiderslot.
– from Amsterdam Central Station or Utrecht Central Station, take the Sprinter train to Weesp. At Weesp Station you can take bus 110 to Brandweerkazerne Muiden and walk 10 minutes to the Muiderslot.
Brandweerkazerne, Muiden – Muiderslot
From April 1st to October 29th Amsterdam Tourist Ferry operates a daily service (except Mondays). The boat departs from the marina of Amsterdam IJburg, a 15 minute tram (nr 26) ride from Amsterdam Central Station. Please book your boat tickets online. You can bring your bicyle for free. I Amsterdam Cardholders get a discount.
There is a pleasant signposted cycling route from Amsterdam to Muiderslot. See the bike route on the right side of this page (‘downloads’).