You can visit Amsterdam Castle Muiderslot by car, train, bus, boat or bicycle. Our address is
1398 AA Muiden
Take exit Muiden on the highway A1. Follow the signs Muiden/Muiderslot.
- Plan your route with Google maps
- There is limited parking space near Muiderslot or in Muiden. The rate is € 2.40 an hour or
€ 21.60 a day.
- Free parking at the P1: Maxisweg. Coaches can park here as well.
- Free parking at the P2: Mariahoeveweg.
- It is a 15 minute walk to the castle from the car parks P1 and P2.
- Free parking at the P + R car park, near the highway A1. From there it is a 30 minute walk to the castle or take bus 110 to Muiden Brandweerkazerne (from there it is a 10 minute walk: see route below).
- Free parking for the disabled with parkingcard in front of the entrance to Muiderslot.
- Coaches: drive up to the bus loop halfway up Ton Kootsingel, from where it is a few minutes’ walk to the castle. Coaches can park at the P1 Maxisweg.
- Plan at least 2½ hours for a visit.
By public transport
Plan your route with the public transport planner.
– from Amsterdam Central Station or Utrecht Central Station, take the train to Weesp. At Weesp Station you can take bus 110 to Brandweerkazerne Muiden and walk 10 minutes to the Muiderslot.
– from Amsterdam Amstel Station, take bus 320, bus 322 or bus 327 to P+R Muiden. From there you can walk (30 minutes) or take bus 110 to Brandweerkazerne Muiden (walk 10 minutes to the Muiderslot; see route below).
– from Amsterdam Arena take bus 209 (only on working days!) to P+R Muiden. From there you can walk (30 minutes) or take bus 110 to Brandweerkazerne Muiden (walk 10 minutes to the Muiderslot; see route below).
Route from bus stop Brandweerkazerne Muiden to the Muiderslot
From April to October Amsterdam Tourist Ferry operates a daily service (except Mondays) from Amsterdam to Muiderslot castle. The boat departs from the marina of Amsterdam IJburg (Bert Haanstrakade 1051), a 15 minute tram ride from Amsterdam Central Station (tram number 26). Please book your boat tickets online. You can bring your bicyle for free. I Amsterdam Cardholders get a discount.
On Saturdays from April to October the ferry also operates from Almere (Marina Muiderzand) to Muiderslot castle. Please book your boat tickets online. You can bring your bicyle for free.
There is a pleasant signposted cycling route from Amsterdam to Muiderslot. Download the bike route >.